Wednesday, October 21, 2015

decorating inside, with quilts

"Forever Partners"  about 25" square
And now for the inside decorations... well at least one of my yearly Halloween quilts.
"Forever Partners"
I made it years ago, because I fell in love with the gestures of the dancing skeletons. Reminds me of my gallant husband dancing with me, his best partner. In the above picture you can click on it to see the three D details such as spiders, and heart beads.

This is a shot of the whole thing hanging in the hallway for October. I pieced in the circles and have a tutorial on the technique in my tutorials page. I did paper pieced stars and added background fabrics to allow them to circle the dancers, repeating the circle shape. The beads also repeat it, as does the moon. In the background to the right you see another of my Halloween quilts, a twin sized, "Dance of the candy corn fairies".

 I make a Halloween quilt every year, as well as a Valentine quilt each year.
It's my series and I have a lecture where I bring both sets and discuss working in series. FUN!

It's pretty simply quilted by free motion, swirls confetti, circles.

To place the tiny star blocks, after laying them out you start adding strips of fabric til it becomes the size you want.



Can you "Feel the magic"??


20 comments:

gayle said...

Making Halloween and Valentine's quilts every year as a series is such a great idea! Fun ideas to keep exploring and revisiting.
Very inspiring!
I love your dancers in the stars.

Kaja said...

I would love to see all your quilts from the series together! I like how the skeletons are so elegant, like real dancers.

Joanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
Inside and out! Very Halloween friendly!
Great quilt!
Take care,
Joanne

Susanc said...

This is such a cool quilt, LOVE it

Preeti said...

Oh my goodness, that fabric is super adorable.
Very festive, indeed!!!

Quiltpiecer said...

Oooh, wow, this is such an awesome quilt! Love it! You are so talented. Thanks for the dropping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.

Maria said...

I love this one.... I'm such a skeleton kinda girl!!!

Cathy said...

I love it! Those skeletons have such character!

Linda Wulf Koenig said...

Stunning...what an awesome design! I like it so much more than traditional Halloween quilts. NOW I want to make something for Halloween.

Ann said...

So many personal touches in this quilt. How fun to put it up annually. It's both seasonal and a love letter. Lucky you.

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

Such a fun, original little quilt. You should show it off a little more with larger blog pics. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

Vivian said...

Great quilt -- love the name and the sentiment. I've seen some of your V-Day series quilts, going to look through the blog for some of the other HW ones. I'm (freezer) paper-piecing the same five point stars for my first Halloween quilt and it's been slower going than I thought it would be. What pattern did you use for yours?

AlidaP said...

Such a wonderfully creative quilt! Who doesn't love to decorate with quilts! Thanks for sharing!!

Kate said...

Such a fun Halloween quilt. Love the dancing skeletons! The setting really highlights the dancers. Beautifully done.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Love the quilt. Those skeletons are so elegant. Happy Halloween!

-Soma

Zenia Rene said...

I'm really liking Forever Partners. It's quite fancy! I've yet to make one holiday quilt. This shall be one of my goals for 2016. ;)

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Definitely love those dancing skeletons. I've never made a holiday quilt, this one makes me want to!

Lynette said...

What a fun quilt! My cousin and her husband would love this so much - they were professional dancers. :)